List Building | Week 1
This list building blueprint has been designed to show you exactly what you need to do, to build your list in the next 31 days.
Have you ever wondered why marketers ask for your contact information whenever you request their help? Are you a marketer yourself and never thought of the importance of building your own email list? Why is list building so important? Building a list of followers or subscribers is one of the most powerful tools to growing a successful and profitable business, especially online!
Building a list will solidify a relationship between yourself and your customers. Establishing a good relationship with your followers and providing valuable content, products and services allows you to get more referrals for your business. When someone benefits from an email that has helped them in some way, they will not be quick to forget you!
Effective list building is one of the most important pieces to network marketing success online. If you are not building a list or not taking care of the one you have you might as well be throwing money out the window.
Your number 1 priority as a marketer is to build a reliable and responsive list. Once you have mastered list-building and how to effectively monetize that list, your potential for profits are unlimited.
List Building - Week 1 : WHY Are You Building A List ?
STRATEGY: Decide Purpose of Building a List
- Determine Niche & Focus
- Determine Your Ideal Avatar (Target Market) – Who is the Person That Wants What You Offer?
- Solution to Problem to attract Your Ideal Avatar
DAY 1 - Take some time to think about what you want to sell and what your niche will be, ask yourself these 3 questions:
- Is this a market where people are actually buying stuff?
- Do people want what I have to sell?
- Can I offer value to this niche which will make them want to buy from me?
DAY 2 - Determine who your ideal avatar is (FYI, create an ideal image of that person), write out a physical description that answers:
- What is the name of your customer?
- Where do they work?
- What kind of money do they make?
- What do they like to do in their spare time?
- Do they have a family? If so, how many kids and what is their spouses name?
- What is their struggle or problem?
- What would be 3 ideal ways that they would want this problem solved?
- How much are they willing to pay for that solution?
DAY 3 - Think about 4-5 ways that can solve your Avatar’s problems and list them
- How could you provide these 4-5 solutions as your “red velvet cake” that makes them want to bite?
DAY 4 - Determine what your FREE Offer (red velvet cake) will be:
***E-book ***Video Training ***Free Report ***Blueprint ***Secret Strategy ***Worksheet ***Checklist ***Audio
- What will your ethical bribe be?
If you _______________ then I’ll do ____________!
DAY 5 - Outline free offer (red velvet cake)
- What exactly are you offering?
- What are the pressure points for your Avatar?
- How can you incorporate those pressure points into your follow up messages?
DAY 6 - Put Free Offer together
- If shooting videos - follow your outline and divide the content up into sections covering 3-5 days of purposeful FREE training videos
- If it’s an e-book - you have a few options (i) Purchase pre-written & edit it (ii) Write it yourself (iii) Hire someone to write it for you (iv) Use an e-book template and fill in the blanks
- If it’s a checklist – map out specifics of what they need to do to solve the problem based on the niche you’ve chosen and the content you know they’re surfing for to assist them with their struggle
- If it’s a FREE Report – create a 3-5 page report that highlights 3 key things related to the problem that you’re solving
- If it’s a Blueprint – show them a step by step plan covering a certain period of time, 7 days should be max offer for free, charging them an upgrade fee for the rest of the offer
- If it’s a worksheet – put simple questions they should ask themselves to assist them with determining how to set things up within that niche
- If it’s a secret strategy – use a screen capture tool like Jing to “show them” how to use that ninja technique
DAY 7 – Get graphics designed for products. Here are some helpful sites: (1) Fiverr.com (2) Elance.com (3) Odesk.com
Next: List Building Week 2 - Setting Up Your Sales Funnel