List Building | Email Marketing Strategy
This list building checklist is designed to give you step by step instructions on the EXACT actions that you need to take daily to build your list quickly.
Recap: There are 3 STAGES TO LIST BUILDING
1. Traffic Generation Strategy
2. Email Marketing Strategy
3. Selling to your List
Last time we took a look at Stage 1 Traffic Generation Strategy today we’re going to look at:
Stage 2 - Email Marketing Strategy
OBJECTIVE: So many people get caught up in driving traffic and capturing leads but fail to take the time to create a responsive list that will create buying customers. Once they are your leads you have the opportunity to follow up with them indefinitely or at least until they opt out or unsubscribe from your list. So if you do not have the ability to follow up or you are not cultivating a responsive list, you are losing out on a ton of money. Your list is an invaluable asset and you can make money in a variety of different ways from it, once you build your own email list up.
STEP 1: Determine What You Want To Talk About in Your Email
- Marketing Tips, Strategies, Business Building Tools
- Motivational, Mindset, Personal Development
- Promotional Offer (Affiliate or Your Own Product)
STEP 2: Craft A Compelling Headline: You want your subscribers to open up your email and read it.
- Did You Pique Curiosity?
- Did You Give Your Readers A Reason To Read Your Email?
- Are You Giving Them A Call To Action?
STEP 3: Format Broadcast of Follow Up Email
- Did you talk about something personal? **Talk about your day, your life, your family, your thoughts.
- Did you give value? **Share a tip, offer some insight, detail a marketing strategy that’s worked for you
- Did you use a strong call to action? **Linking to a video, tutorial, capture page or sales page.
STEP 4: Email List Follow Up
- Did you respond to any comments? **It is important to respond and to engage with your subscribers. Let your readers know you are listening to them and appreciate their feedback.
Side Note – Having a website without a log in form for people to log their information into is causing you to not keep track of those who have further interest in what you and your business have to offer. Bottom line, if you haven’t been capturing leads, you need to get that set up TODAY!!
Next: Stage 3 of List Building – Selling to your List