Follow Up System | Prospecting
When prospecting, you may talk to dozens of prospective recruits, which is GREAT, but if you don’t have a solid follow up system, then you’re only spinning your wheels.
Some people have the mentality that “if someone wants to join my team they will call me”. If this is your way of thinking, your business may grow, but it won’t thrive. You have to know who you have talked to, when you talked to them, what they said and when you plan to follow up with them.
There’s basically two types of follow up systems: manual or automated. The choice is simply up to you and what suits you best. There are many to choose from, but here’s a couple of suggestions for each.
1. Card system – Use a simple index card system with an index box and dividers with the months and 1-31. Have a 2nd card system that is A-Z. When you talk to someone, fill out a card that has their name, address, phone number and email address. Put when you talked to them, what was said, and any other pertinent info (husband name, obstacles, etc). Put the date you plan to follow up. Put their name on the 1-31 card and place it in the appropriate month. File the card back alphabetically. This is in case they call you – you can grab the card without trying to find the date. When a date comes up, pull all the names that are on that date and call them.
2. Binder System – You can use a similar system in binders instead of in card files.
1. ACT – ACT is a very robust CRM system that will help you to track your leads, including family birth dates, anniversaries, follow up dates and more. All notes are in the system and you receive a reminder when you need to follow up.
2. SalesForce.com – Salesforce.com is an online platform that can be used in much the same way as ACT.
3. Outlook – While not quite as robust, outlook can be used as a follow up system and can load basic contact information as well.
Whatever you use, the most important thing is that you actually choose a system and use it consistently. If you tell a prospect you are going to call them, make sure you call them. If not, you will lose all credibility and may find they go with your company, but with a different representative.
Click on the image for the best plug and play system you’ll ever want to use to promote your business. This system has tons of awesome content and free training that can take your business 10,000 miles above ground!!