Facebook Ads | Facebook Page
Facebook Ads are an easy and economical way to reach a specific audience that is interested in your product or service. Whether you want to promote your website or your Facebook Page, the simple steps in completing Facebook Ads are the same and will result in increased interest in your brand and more word of mouth through the largest social network available.
How to create Facebook Ads for Beginners:
Step 1: If you would like to promote a website instead of a Facebook Page, go to www.facebook.com/insights and link your website to Facebook Insights by clicking “insights for your website” and follow the directions.
Step 2: Go to http://www.facebook.com/ads/create/
Step 3: Design your Facebook Ad.
- Choose ad type and story type.
- Choose the destination tab, commonly known as the landing page.
- Enter a title for the ad if the destination is your website.
- Create the copy for your ad in fewer than 120 characters. Less is better.
- Choose an image for your ad.
Step 4: Target your audience.
- Choose the location of your audience by specifying country, state/province, city, and/or zip code. Zip code targeting is only available in the United States.
- Specify any demographic information that is a feature of your market.
- List any interests that your market has. Using # before the interest will create a broad match for the keywords you choose. For example, the keyword “guitar” will only match with people who have the specific interest of guitar. The keyword “#guitar” will match with anything guitar related.
- Specify which connections you would like to reach, those who are connected to you already or those who are not connected to you, etc.
- Enter any advanced demographics that are typical of your market and the languages you want to target. If you want to target all people in the locations specified, leave the languages section blank.
Step 5: Set your Campaigns, Pricing, and Scheduling.
- Give the campaign you just created a name.
- Enter your budget in US dollars.
- Set the campaign schedule.
- Choose the pricing model you wish to follow and place your bid.
Step 6: Manage your campaign by studying Ad reports and make adjustments to improve ad performance.